Intro to Pistol Mounted Optics
Class description: Introduction to Pistol Mounted Optics is a class designed for people who want to learn the basics of shooting with a red dot sight (RDS). Students will learn the correct way to use an RDS pistol through efficient marksmanship mechanics and a variety of dry and live fire drills to maximize their effectiveness with a pistol mounted optic! This is a 4-hour class that includes shooting.
What you will learn:
- Dry and live fire drills
- Advantages and limitations
- How to zero a pistol mounted optic
- How to engage a target should the optic fail
- Mechanical offset as it pertains to pistol mounted optics
- Initial sight acquisition (“picking up the dot”)
- Efficient marksmanship fundamentals
- Equipment maintenance
- Different optic mounting systems
- Different types of pistol mounted optics
What to bring: Just bring yourself and an eagerness to learn! We provide all safety equipment, firearms, ammunition, and targets.
- Free one-day range pass
- 10% off your next class within 7 days