Pistol Holster Qualification
Description: Here at Granite State Indoor Range and Gun Shop, we value safety and training. In Order to guarantee that our patrons can safely draw from a holster on our range, we require a holster qualification. This test will identify the shooter’s level of skill and safety when drawing from a holster, as well as their general competency with a pistol. This is 30-minute qualification on the range.
Prerequisites: To be eligible for this qualification, the shooter must have already completed our GSIR-200 or equivalent. This prerequisite is negotiable for LE-Officers at the discretion of the instructor.
Class benefits (if the shooter passes with a score of 40 points or higher):
- Exclusive range badge signifying the ability to draw from the holster on the range during weekdays
- Pistol Holster Qualification patch designating the shooter’s score (sharpshooter, expert, or master)
What to bring:
- A functional handgun (no revolvers or micro/pocket pistols)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Sturdy 1.5” belt
- A dominant-side, belt-mounted, outside-the-waistband holster
- 1 double magazine pouch or 2 single magazine pouches
- 3 magazines
Target: FBI Q-target with a 6” area designated as the head.
Scoring (50 possible points):
40-45 = Sharpshooter
46-49 = Expert
50/50 = Master