GSIR-200 Practical Handgun
Class description: This class is designed to help you safely and efficiently shoot your handgun outside the booth. GSIR-200 Practical Handgun has a strong focus on breaking down and understanding the fundamentals of shooting. From the proper selection of a handgun and the differences between support gear to the mechanics of stance, grip, sight picture, and trigger control. This is an 8-hour class that includes shooting. We also offer 2-day class (4 hours each day).
What you will learn:
- Correct handgun selection
- Correct gear selection
- Firearm presentation to the target and safe return from a holster
- Firearm basics – what steps are needed to successfully shoot
- Firearm reloads
- Firearm malfunctions and how to how to fix them
- Static shooting positions
What to bring:
- A functional handgun (no revolvers or micro/pocket pistols)
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- Sturdy 1.5” belt
- A dominant-side, belt-mounted, outside-the-waistband holster
- 1 double magazine pouch or 2 single magazine pouches
- 3 magazines
If you don’t have your own gear, we will provide it for you at no charge (excluding ammo). Only Sig P320 firearm/gear available for use.
Prerequisites: We recommend you take GSIR-100 prior to taking this class. All students must meet and maintain GSIR safety requirements. Students who cannot meet safety needed for this class may be asked to leave.
- Free one-day range pass
- 20% off your next class within 7 days