GSIR-400 Concealed Carry Fundamentals
This 7 hour intermediate level course is designed to develop foundational skills associated with concealed carry. You will learn how to draw and perform reloads from concealment. How to choose the right gear for the right circumstances.
Students will learn about the “carry mindset”.
How to recognize and avoid dangerous situations.
De-escalation or flight from dangerous situations. Implementation of force up to and including the use of deadly force in a self-defense situation.
After this class you will be able to:
- Understand concealment
- Concealment Options
- Concealment Ancillary Gear
- Drawing and Reloads with a cover garment
- Understand the “Carry Mindset”
- Levels of awareness (hard vs. soft target)
- Understand Force Continuum
- Cover vs. Concealment
- Moving off the X
Required Gear for students must bring:
- 150 rounds of FMJ .380 AUTO or larger
- Sturdy 1.5” Belt
- Concealment Garment (Vest, Button up shirt, Jacket, or open front garment)
- A functional handgun (No revolvers or micro / pocket pistols, Full size or compact only)
- A Dominant side belt mounted outside the waist holster (No inside the waist holsters or nylon)
- (2) single magazine pouches or (1) double magazine pouch
- 3 magazine min. required
Prerequisites: GSIR 300 or equivalent