GSIR-300 Intro To Defensive Handgun
GSIR-300 Intro to Defensive Handgun is an intermediate course designed to bridge the gap between what you’ve learned in our foundational classes and apply those skills in defensive shooting. This is the culmination of our three CORE class series. After this class you will feel confident in your foundational abilities and can proceed to take intermediate level classes at GSIR.
- Foundational Skill Review
- Refinement of Shot Delivery
- Searching and Scanning Techniques
- Threat Identification
- Cover vs. Concealment
- Single Hand Shooting
- Moving off the X
- 300 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Sturdy 1.5” Belt
- A functional handgun (No revolvers or micro/pocket pistols, full size, or compact only)
- A Dominant side belt mounted outside the waistband holster
- (2) single magazine pouches or (1) double magazine pouch
- 3 magazines
We strongly recommend you take GSIR-200 Practical Handgun prior to taking this class. All students must meet and maintain GSIR safety requirements. Students who cannot meet the safety needed for this class may be removed from training.
If you don’t have your own gear, we will provide it for you at no charge (excluding ammo) *only Sig P320 gear available for use.