This 7 hour course is designed to enable students to understand the fundamentals of handgun accuracy and operation. This course will teach students the basics of holster work, completing reloads, and clearing common malfunctions associated with modern semi-automatic pistols. This course will also examine the components necessary to improve and place accurate shots on target.
After this class the student will be able to:
• Find and size the correct handgun based on your needs.
• Choose a holster for your personal needs.
• Understand the importance of ancillary equipment.
• Demonstrate proper presentation and recovery to a holster.
• Demonstrate the basics of firearm reloads.
• Safely and efficiently clear a stoppage (malfunction).
• Conduct one-handed shooting effectively
• Demonstrate moving then shooting techniques
Required Gear for students must bring:
• 150 rounds of FMJ .380 AUTO or larger
• Sturdy 1.5” Belt
• A functional handgun (No revolvers or micro / pocket pistols, Full size or compact only)
• A Dominant side belt mounted outside the waist holster
• (2) single magazine pouches or (1) double magazine pouch
• 3 magazine min. required
**$50 rental fee for rental gear which includes our Sig P320, a holster, 3 magazines, and magazine pouches.
The student is expected to come prepared with long pants and closed toe shoes. Please no low cut shirts.
Course Fee: $125.00 weekend courses are $175.00
All graduates receive a certificate of completion and a FREE non-transferable10-day range pass and a 5% discount on any firearm and accessories purchase up to 14 days after the class. Also, a 20% discount off any course taken within 30 days of completion of this class.
Cancellation Policy: We reserve the right to cancel any class at our discretion without any prior notice. If we do so we will reschedule you or refund your money. We request at least 48 hours prior notice for rescheduling a class at no additional cost. Within 48 hours will result in $50 fee. Failure to show up and notify will result in forfeiting the course fee. No Exceptions.
STUDENTS MUST BE 16 YEARS OLD. ANYONE UNDER 18 MUST HAVE A PARENT TAKE THIS COURSE WITH THEM.